20 Things you can Learn by Doing an Ironman
Now that the IRONMAN is completed, I can fill you in on many new and valuable insights:
Things you can learn doing an Ironman:
- Many people think I am talking about a Superhero, when I refer to the Ironman.
- Doing an Ironman brings about a feeling of Euphoria for days!
- A pedicure is not a luxury but an necessity after completing an Ironman.
- Doing an Ironman is like childbirth – You think you will never want to do it again, and as soon as it is over you are ready to sign up for more!
- You have to keep on going…
- Doing an Ironman requires the support of friends, family, training partners, bike mechanics and health care professions. Many people are needed to accomplish this feat.
Euphoria after the Ironman –
Cartwheels on the beach
A much needed pedicure
- It is worth persevering.
- Impossible goals can be accomplished.
- Pursuing a huge goal and then completing it provides a well of strength that supports other areas of your life.
- You can keep on going….
- It is a gift to be able to swim, bike and run. If you have the ability to do these sports, do it! It is a privilege to be able to do these sports. Ask someone who has lost any of these abilities and they will tell you to get out there and use what you have!
- Anything is possible. I did not believe I could do the Ironman when I started training. It seemed impossible.
- You really can pee on a bike if you have to (the other one is not recommended).
- Putting compression socks on after swimming is a bad idea. Purchase the calf sleeves!
- It is an incredible joy to exercise for an entire day.
- If you can adjust your schedule to train for an Ironman, you can adjust your schedule to suit any priority, if you want it badly enough. (Thank you Sheri Penner for this point)
- You really can keep going…
- Extreme perseverance is developed in training for an Ironman.
- You get to know your training partners very well! Early mornings, all day training sessions…you see them at their best and their worst!
- Just keep going… you can do this!
- Completing an Ironman is something that I will treasure for my whole life. It is awesome to be an IRONWOMAN!