Pomegranate is widely available this time of year, and it’s super healthy! This Chicken Pomegranate salad is easy to make ahead for when you’re making something for dinner for your wife who’s going to drive straight from work, pick up your kid at their massage appointment, and then take them directly to their swimming practice. (Not speaking from personal experience or anything).
3 chicken breasts
1 chicken or vegetable bouillon cube
4 cups mixed salad greens
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup frozen raspberries (thawed)
1. Put chicken in a large stock pot and cover with water. Add bouillon cube. Heat to a low simmer for 10-14 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken breast.) As the chicken cooks, skim the broth if you intend to save it.
2. Slice the cooked chicken into batonnets (large julienne); divide into 4 and arrange on plates.
3. Divide the salad greens and arrange on plates.
4. Cube the avocado; divide into 4 and arrange on plates.
5. Split the pomegranate into quarters. Careful: pomegranate juice really stains. I get at the seeds by just slicing through the skin then pulling the fruit into quarters with my hands. When you then flip the quarters inside out, the seeds are easy to dislodge. Divide the seeds into 4 and add to salad.
6. Blend dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.