Welcome to a New Year – 2014 – a year to fill with new experiences and new challenges. My goal and my challenge to you is to “Live life to the fullest in 2014.”
Life keeps going – chores keep happening, work keeps going….life will just keep going as it is, unless we are purposeful to chase some new adventure or make some new change – no matter how big of small. Inertia keeps us going along the same trajectory that we are currently on. To try something new takes great effort, and sadly, that effort becomes greater with each passing year.
Think about the people and movies that inspire you….now, don’t just watch the movie, rather try to go live some of that adventure!
My goals fall into three categories:
1. Relational Goals – be purposeful to have quality time with family and friends
2. Spiritual Goals – spend more time in prayer and mediation and listen to God’s leading in my life.
3. Athletic Goals – become a faster runner, swimmer, cyclist: Specifically –
- sub 3 hour Boston Marathon
- Successfully complete my first triathlon – Half Ironman
- Work on cycling technique and become quicker
Let’s make 2014 something special
Here is a line up of my all my planned races for 2014:
- Robbie Burns 8km Race (Burlington) – January 26
- Valentine’s 5km Race – February 9 – St. Catharines Road Runner Series Race
- Chilly Half Marathon (Burlington) – March 2
- Around the Bay 30k – March 30
- BOSTON MARATHON – April 21
- Head for the Hills – April 26 – St. Catharines Road Runner Series Race
- 12 Mile Creek Half Marathon Trail Race – June 7 – St. Catharines Road Runner Series Race
- Niagara Ultra 10k Race – St. Catharines Road Runner Series Race
- Welland HALF TRIATHLON– June 15
- Canal Days 5km Race – August 2 – St. Catharines Road Runner Series Race
- MUSKOKA HALF IRONMAN 70.3 – September 7
- Aktiv Trail Race Series
Please share your goals with me – post them below.
– All my Best Wishes for a Wonderful 2014 –